Belleville Car Accident Attorneys
Hipskind & McAninch, LLC: Your Advocate Against Insurance Companies
The impact a car accident has on your life lasts long after the emergency vehicles drive away and your car is towed.
Car accidents can leave you with lasting injuries, emotional distress, and expensive medical bills. But isn’t that why you carry auto insurance? Yes…but will your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company step up to the plate when you need them? Not necessarily.
The sales pitch insurance companies make is that they are “good neighbors” with “helping hands” who are “on your side.” The reality is that insurance companies are businesses, and their priority is making money. From the second your insurance company is aware of your crash, they will be working to devalue it. They have teams of defense lawyers and investigators who specialize in finding ways to pay you as little as possible.
To get compensation worthy of your injuries and losses, you’re going to need a legal team willing stand up to the insurance company. John Hipskind and Brady McAninch defended large insurance companies before following their consciences and establishing a firm dedicated to personal injury victims. Not only do we have over a decade of experience in personal injury law, but we are also dedicated to the success of our client’s cases and their satisfaction in our service. To find out more about how Hipskind & McAninch, LLC, can help you, call (618) 641-9189 for a free consultation.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
The reality is that any American who drives regularly will be involved in a car accident at some point. When you are involved in an accident, even a minor one, here are the steps you should take:
- Stop, or pull over to a safe location. Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal.
- Check on the physical well-being of yourself, your passengers, and anyone else involved in the accident. Provide any emergency medical care you are capable of to anyone injured in an accident. Failure to do so is also illegal.
- Call 911 to report the accident and request an ambulance if needed.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved: insurance information (including policy number), name, address, and phone number.
- Document the make, model, and license plate number of the other vehicles involved and the damage to them. It’s also a good idea to take pictures of the damage to the vehicles and of the scene of the accident, including any traffic signs or obstructions that may have caused or contributed to the accident.
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- When the police arrive, get or request a copy of the accident report. In some cases, it may take up to a week to get the accident report.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident. Request a rental car if needed (and if you have rental car coverage).
- Consult with an experienced vehicle accident attorney.
What Not To Do After a Car Accident
In addition to the things you should do after an accident, there are also things you should never do after an accident, like:
- Admit fault: Never admit fault to anyone, even if it appears you were at fault. Don’t even admit fault to your own insurance company.
- Apologize to other drivers involved. This can be construed as admitting guilt.
- Avoid seeking medical treatment. If you have any reason to believe you suffered an injury, no matter how minor, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Many injuries, like whiplash, may not be immediately evident.
- Speak to the other party’s insurance company without your attorney present. The other party’s insurance may try to get you to make conflicting statements that they can twist around and use against you later.
- Accept a settlement from either insurance company before talking to a lawyer. As we said before, all insurance companies will try to get you to accept the lowest payout they can.
- File a lawsuit on your own. Unless you are an experienced car accident attorney, you will need one to represent you. Traffic accident claims are complex, and you can be sure that the insurance companies will be using their expensive attorneys to deny or diminish your claim.
- Not hire an experienced car accident attorney. Like physicians, attorneys specialize in different areas of law. The lawyer you hired to draw up your will or represent you in a divorce may not be qualified to handle your accident claim.
Why Choose Us to Represent You?
We have experience. John Hipskind and Brady McAninch have worked both sides of car accident cases. Now, we only advocate for crash victims like you. But we know how the insurance company will look at your claim—and how to build the strongest case for you and get the settlement you deserve. Here are some notable results that we’ve gotten for clients:
- We were contacted by an auto-accident victim who had been trying to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Despite only asking for his medical bills to be paid, the insurance company ignored him for over a year. Within two months of being hired, we obtained a favorable settlement—more than three times our client’s medical bills.
- Our client was involved in a multi-car accident with numerous injured parties. We worked quickly to ensure that our client received the maximum payout possible and obtained policy limits (the most you can recover) of over $200,000.
- We recently took over a case from another law firm. There had been no settlement offers made and the other party was denying fault in the accident. We knew we had to be aggressive. We pushed litigation forward and the other side caved, admitting liability and offering over two times the medical bills.
We’re dedicated to your case. You won’t be another case file to us. During the whole process, we’ll keep you informed of your claim’s progress. And because emergencies don’t always wait for business hours, we’ll even give you our cell phone numbers. Expect nothing but the best from Hipskind & McAninch, LLC.
We have a 5-star reputation. We have over 100 5-star reviews on Google. None of our past clients have given us anything less than five stars—feel free to verify—and we’ll provide the same top-notch service for you.
You don’t pay us until we win. You don’t pay a dime until we win. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you don’t pay us until you get paid. We believe nothing—including the cost of an attorney—should stand between you and the settlement you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the most important step you take afterward may be the call you make to a Belleville personal injury attorney. At Hipskind & McAninch, LLC, we offer a free consultation for car and motorcycle wreck victims like you. This will give you a chance to get to know us, and it will also give us a chance to answer your questions—like how much your wreck claim might be worth, and how we’ll build an argument against the insurance company.
To speak to us, call our Belleville office at (618) 641-9189.
- What To Do After Your Car Accident, Take Two
- What To Do After Your Car Accident
- Tips For Taking Effective Car Accident Scene Photos
- What You Need To Know If You Are Involved In An Auto Accident.
- Who Is Covered Under Uber’s 1 Million Dollar Accident Policy?
- Is Tesla Liable For Car Accidents That Occur On Autopilot?